IREB REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING
IREB Requirements Engineering: Guidelines for Requirements Elicitation
Requirements elicitation is one of the modules that the IREB has included in the CPRE Advanced Level certification in requirements engineering. Before any project can begin, requirements must be elicited from all stakeholders.
A large amount of the information needed is not documented anywhere. An important aspect of the requirements engineer’s job is to draw this information out of project sponsors, end users, customers, suppliers and project managers.
There are several techniques that can be used to elicit requirements:
- Brainstorming with all stakeholders.
- Analysis of all documents relevant to the business objective of the project.
- Analysis of user interaction with the application.
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders.
- End user observation.
- Business process prototyping.
- Conducting requirements workshops.
- Forming focus groups.
- Conducting surveys with stakeholders.
+32 (0)2 325 94 68
Rue Guimardstraat, 15
Brussels 1040 (Belgium)
VAT : BE0883.260.026.
get in touch
Phone & Fax
Phone +352 27 112 70 27
Fax +352 24 61 17 80
26-28, Rue Edward Steichen
Regus Kirchberg Eolis Square
VAT : LU23143939
get in touch